Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Letters to God...(inspired after watching the trailer)

Dear God,

I am writing this letter because... lately I have kind of forgot what it is like to be taking time to pray. I do pray... officially. Before mealtimes, before reading the bible, when I am alone or when I promise people I would pray for them. But I guess I haven't really sat down to listen to You lately. You kept telling me to make time for You, to sit down and pray like what I did before. Maybe I have things to do... or maybe I am just afraid to slow down and feel empty.

God thank You for bringing me to Hawaii. The many new experiences each day even after 3.5 months of being here. Thank You for the friends here. God, I really wish to see some fruit from all the labour of love. I see my friends having open hearts, willing to come for bible studies, willing to listen to me teach them about You. And they saw how I honestly lived with them. I feel like I don't have much perseverance in prayer. I guess what You recently taught me is true. like a fisherman, i must learn patience. God, please help them to come to know You.

God, many things are happening back at home. I felt I didn't make enough efforts to keep in contact with people. I miss them. Would You look after them? Many of them are going to have their exams soon. Help them to be free from the stress of performance so that they can study joyfully for You.

Help me to make each day meaningful and magical. Let me not be weighed down by the things I have to complete. I love You God.

Your child,
Peng

No comments:

Post a Comment