Monday, March 29, 2010

Updates - Flooded with Thoughts and Feelings

Spring Break just ended. So much has happened. Let the photos on facebook tell their story.

Feeling rather uneasy deep in my heart. Still wondering if I grasped the reality of all that has happened over the past week. God brought me through a really rejuvenating retreat where i learnt many things about myself, fellowship, ministry.. and simply having fun with God's ppl and creation.. It was a taste of what the new heavens and new earth will be...

then coming back, i came face to face with the reality of life.. we were all returning from our trips and looking forward to sharing with each other over lunch...

Sunday morning i was awoken by a call from a close friend. "Patrick, something really bad happened. Can I meet you and talk to you?" I will not forget that morning.. Never had I ever comforted a girl who lost her younger sister due to suicide. Just before I came here to Hawaii, I reminded people of the reality of death; I brought people to the cemetery to help them to see. but i can tell you now, it is nothing close to knowing someone who has just lost a loved one....

I did what I know is best. I listened. I prayed for her and comforted her even though she is a non-believer. Under God's leading, I found transport for her to the airport as she bought tickets to fly back to japan.. a few of us saw her off at the airport...a fellow exchange student. all of us had so many plans for the last month of our exchange....

my heart weighed heavy. sharing a person's load is not trivial but i willingly carry it because I wanted to be there for her as a friend.. keeping her and her family in prayer..

***

coming back from spring break meant a lot of work and catching up and uploading of photos =p it is also the Passion Week...

I was so confident that the friend i was doing bible study with will accept Christ after we studied on Jesus Christ. But the Lord surprised me when he said he needed time to think about it... I knew salvation belongs to God... I am thankful I actually spent quite some time thinking about how to present Christ in the most comprehensive and yet concise way so that Christ is not misrepresented..

I had my first bible study today where I had my worksheet translated in Japanese and had 3 non-believers in the small group... a unique experience yet a struggle. i knew it was easy to teach God's word superficially and shower the lesson with nice words and activities.. but I yielded to trust God that a faithful studying of God's word and letting God show His power is more crucial.. i, of all people, should know where to draw the line...

i started the spring break with a few objectives. one of it is to thoroughly consider my plans when I return to singapore. honestly, you know it is really sian having to think about the various camps, my teaching attachment in july, my final year, NIE, and teaching... it was so different while i am here.. i could make plans so freely and not feeling bounded to so many things... yet i know, I am compelled by God's love...and perhaps i should learn to change the way i view things.. and take life as it comes.. =)

i prayed about the decision... but it came out most clear through the various circumstances and things people told me... the question now is not about deciding... the main focus now is about preparing...2 month to go before i return... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment