Thursday, March 18, 2010

More than half way...

So much as happened!! and yes i procrastinated in blogging..

I am almost done with week 10 of school.. how time really flies.. It has almost been 3 months since I came to hawaii and that also means it won't be long before I have to leave this place =(

Do I feel like going back? I can't give a clear answer. It is like I am really enjoying myself here, made really nice friends who had been almost family to me. But at the same time, I know I don't belong here. (I can't even drive cars here =p).

I was thinking about what it would be like when I go back to Singapore. I see Church Camp, VCF leadership camps, sharing with ppl all about Hawai'i.. And preparing the next chapter of my life - doing my Final Year Project and possibly serving as a leader in VCF.. I begin to think about how I am going to bring back all my stuff too! =x The feelings that came along are really hard to describe. There is sadness in having to leave the friendships and the memories here. At the same time, I am thankful I still have 2 more months before it comes.. It makes me wanna make full use of the remaining time!

So am I ready to go back yet? Hmm.. maybe not. After spending 3 months here, I still have a long list of thing I hope to do. I come to realise that the list won't end. there must be a point where I must be content and say "it is ok if i don't get to experience/do these things." It has already been a fruitful time here, both in doing things, and building relationships with people.

Things I hope to do before I go back:
1) among the many things one would be the week long retreat to big island during our spring break. the experience and value from it will be indescribable and i am glad i am going for it!
2) spending 2 to 3 days alone by myself just before i return. praying, studying the bible, reflecting. preparing myself for the responsibilities and life ahead. hawaii is God's plan for me to rest and prepare for the long road. i know everything will be uphill from there on.
3) doing bible studies for a few friends who expressed interest. it seems that the vision the staff of IV shared is coming true. international students are really open to hear the faith I live by. the harvest is now.

Updates: I am flying to the big island on sat! won't be around for a week.. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment